Obviously I've done this before but that was 6 years ago.. There are things I recall but I needed help putting together a list of things to pack in my hospital bag. Now that I've been given the OK on my c-section I can be more specific and pack for my recovery as opposed to a long labour. I know that I will be in hospital for a few days and potentially Lee will stay with me for at least one night so I have him to consider too. I trawled the forums and read so many checklists on so many pregnancy websites but this is my whittled down list of things I think I'll actually need.
In no particular order...
- Windeez (or equivalent - trapped wind is a common complaint following a c-section)
- Support Bra
- Breast Pads
- Maxi Pads
- Toiletries & Makeup Bag (expect a whole other post designated to this)
- Reading Material (magazines/books etc)
- Laptop & Charger
- Phone & Charger
- Camera, batteries and memory card
- Change for vending machines/TV Card top ups.
- Hair Brush/bands/clips etc
- Dressing Gown
- High Waisted Underwear
- Baggy Clothes/Pyjamas
- Warm Socks
- Red Bull
I feel sure I'm forgetting things and of course this doesn't include what I'm taking for the baby but if you guys can think of anything else you'd suggest I take or you'd want there if you were me please leave me a comment below. I have a couple of weeks before the big day but weeks are like days now.
If you're interested in what Lee is taking for himself you can see his post here