Monday 3 January 2011

How Much is Too Much?


I'm often researching online the best ways to aid pregnancy. I've found articles about everything from special cooling boxer shorts to different positions that are supposedly best for conception.
Every site gives different opinions, each has different advice so what really is for the best?
The main query I have right now is how often we should "try".. So I left Lee home one Saturday whilst I was working and gave him the job of finding this out.. This was my first mistake. Whether he actually looked it up or not I will never know because his answer was of course going to be "as often as possible" no matter what the experts said. I decided I would look into it myself and I discovered that nobody has any idea. You would think that the "as often as possible" theory is probably accurate after all but when supplying a sample for testing you have to abstain for 48 hours... why is this? If regular sex doesn't affect the quality of his sperm then why the abstinence? I have read that there is some merit to "keeping the river flowing" ... Some studies have shown that daily ejaculation may improve sperm quality... 118 men were included in a 2009 study and that's what they come up with? it MAY improve? According to BabyMed.com couples who were trying to conceive were previously told to have sex every other day but are now being told that every day is more effective... if his sperm is ok. So maybe that's why I'm so confused. In those " rare circumstances" where the man does not have enough sperm the every other day rule still applies. ugh! Right now we don't know if the Varicocele Embolisation worked. He has another test booked in for mid February so we shouldn't have much longer to wait. It will be 3 months since the procedure and they say it takes 3-6 months to take effect. Right now I guess I don't know what group we fall in to... during fertile days, every day or every other day? The waiting and the not knowing really can drive you crazy but at least the tests give us a little goal post. I can't help but wonder what we will do if all is not well. I assume that the embolisation will of course have worked  but if it hasn't.. well.. it doesn't bare thinking about right now. I am in my ovulation period right now and so will once again be in my 2 week wait very soon. As always I will keep you posted and if I do get any great news you will be the first to know :)

xoxo

miss bb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...